World and Life Events

in my point of view

La Tahzan - Syeikh 'Aaidh ibn Abdullah al- Qarni

Published by 5yS under on 2:03 AM


Currently reading this book, "Don't Be Sad (La Tahzan)" by 'Aaidh ibn Abdullah al-Qarni..Given by my most precious friend :) It is indeed a great book..Guiding us on how to manage our life, control our anger, problem management, positive thinking and numerous guidance and strategies on managing daily life matters based on Islamic Views..It gives answer to the doubt that besiege us when we are afflicted with hardship or depression...Even an Islamic version of "Law of Attraction" were included (Mayb some of u never heard bout it).. Each of the guidance in this book were truly based on Al-Quran and As-Sunnah. Im amaze to find that almost every pages in this book were filled with Quranic verse as their sources, which means that all the solutions towards our hardshipr is originated from Al-Quran itself. This book provide us with the Islamic approach to deal with the trial and tribulation of life. It uses simple phrases and has an excellent topic frame which will simplify our reading and understanding.

Here are some phrases from this book:
"If you are truthful with yourself and have a firm, solid resolve, you will undoubtedly convince yourself of the following: Today is my last day to live. When u achieve this attitude, you will profit from every moment of your day, by developing ur personality, expanding ur abilities and purifying ur deeds. Then u say to yourself:
Today I shall be refined in my speech and will utter neither evil speech nor obscenity. Also, I shall not backbite.
Today I shall organize my house and my office. They will not be disorderly chaotic, but organized and neat.
Today I will be particular about my bodily cleanliness and appearance. Today I will strive to be obidient to my Lord, pray in the best manner possible, do more voluntary acts of righteousness, recite the Quran and read beneficial books.
Today I will try help others - to visit the sick, to attend a funeral, to guide the one who is lost and to feed the hungry. I will pay respect to the scholar,be merciful to the young, and reverent to the old.
O' past that has departed away and is gone, I will not cry over you. You may not see me remembering you, not even for a moment, because u have travelled away never to return.
O' future, you are in the realm of the unseen, So i will not be obsessed by your dreams. I will not be preoccupied about what is to come because tomorrow is nothing and has not yet been created.
'Today is my only day' is one of the most important statements in the dictionary of happiness, for those who desire to live life in its fullest splendor and brilliance. "

Actually, im not really interested in reading books, and i hardly read one..but after I read a few chapters of this book, i found that it is quiet interesting and useful in our life especially for students like us who will definitely facing such hardship in life. Lastly, I would highly suggesting this book to be one of ur reading materials. May u found something througout ur reading.. Have fun reading~~

"Having knowledge without practicing them is like having trees without a fruits"


3 comments:

hafiza haris said... @ September 2, 2009 at 11:32 AM

aku pun de buku drpd 'Aaidh ibn Abdullah al-Qarni nih....kwn aku bg gk =)
best...

5yS said... @ September 5, 2009 at 1:37 PM

owh,tajuk pe?? :p

saleha said... @ September 12, 2009 at 8:52 PM

br bc the part you took from the book pn da rs kat hati...i'm going to get one..insyallah..thnx=)

Post a Comment

 
Today I shall be refined in my speech and will utter neither evil speech nor obscenity. Also, I shall not backbite.
Today I will be particular about my bodily cleanliness and appearance.
O' past that has departed away and is gone, I will not cry over you. You may not see me remembering you, not even for a moment, because u have travelled away never to return.
O' future, you are in the realm of the unseen, So i will not be obsessed by your dreams. I will not be preoccupied about what is to come because tomorrow is nothing and has not yet been created.